Next 100 entries
|6||2/14/2019 11:51:00 AM||August 1914||Central Powers||Message||
Levent- the opening bid is yours...
|5||2/14/2019 11:50:00 AM||August 1914||Central Powers||Die roll request||
Request: 999-sided die x 2
Message from Central Powers:
Opening Bid, Levent first, high roll is first up for bidding.
|4||2/14/2019 11:50:00 AM||August 1914||Central Powers||Message||
Greetings, and good luck in our match! A few kick-off items...
-Pace: I'm usually good for a play per day, or at least every other day. Just depends on work/life responsibilities creeping in.
-Scenario: I'm good with the default WBC Historical... if you are?
-Supply Warnings: Yes from me.
-Vassal? I'm used to vassal for all my online/pbem gaming, and will be using it for our match. If you are as well, we could exchange log files?
-Bid: I'll roll for who goes first here in a moment...
|3||2/12/2019 8:01:00 AM||August 1914||Moderator||Change Moderator player||Moderator player changed from Tom Gregorio to Paul Hubbard|
|2||2/12/2019 8:01:00 AM||August 1914||Moderator||Message||
Welcome to Round One of the BPA VIII Paths of Glory Tournament!
I'll be your game moderator and should be your first point of contact for any issues related to this match. As always, the priority should be for a fun and fair match for all involved. The official launch date for this round is February 14th, 2019 but feel free to start your match immediately. Round 1 concludes on Wednesday, June 19, 2019; you'll have 125 days this round.
Contacting me: I am based in the UK (GMT 0) and will generally respond to all match questions within 24 hours. I strongly recommend you e-mail me directly at "firstname.lastname@example.org" referencing your match # when you do so. If I do not respond within 48 hours, please escalate to one of the other GMs (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Issue Resolution: If either player has a concern about a particular ruling or resolution I make, feel free to raise it to the other GMs. I will also reach out to Tom and Michael if there's something I'm not sure of. Please remember that the ACTS logs are viewable for all, direct e-mail exchanges with your opponent are obviously permitted but GMs will view the ACTS logs as the authoritative record of the game.
Here are my thoughts on how to get the match started:
- Introduce yourselves and set expectations regarding your availability and game pace.
- Agree on the scenario. The default is the WBC Historical Scenario as described on the POG Tournament Page and I strongly recommend its usage.
- Agree on usage of supply warnings. They are strongly recommended.
- There is no mandatory usage of a particular PBEM tool. VASSAL is recommended but not necessary and exchanging game logs is also optional.
- Bid for sides. (Initial bidder is to be random, one of you should just roll a die with a 50-50 shot of that player bidding first. Switch sides in ACTS if necessary, contact me if you need help with this.
- Draw cards. CP will then kick off the fun by rolling the turn 1 MO and playing their first card.
|1||2/12/2019 8:00:00 AM||August 1914||Moderator||Change Allies player||Allies player changed from Tom Gregorio to Levent Sadikoglu|
Copyright 2005 Warhorse Simulations