Next 100 entries
|3||7/15/2019 1:03:00 PM||August 1914||Moderator||Message||
STILL no action. Please email both me and your opponent direct with your intentions. If nothing seen I will be recommending both of you are eliminated from the tournament.
|2||6/29/2019 10:15:00 PM||August 1914||Moderator||Message||
Disappointing to see that a full five dasy after I set up the game neither of you has posted. Are you both playing this round?
|1||6/25/2019 9:29:00 AM||August 1914||Moderator||Message||
Welcome to Round Two of the BPA VIII Paths of Glory Tournament!
Most have been through this before (many times now!) so you probably know what to do: I'll be your game moderator and should be your first point of contact for any issues related to this match. My overriding priority for this match is to make sure it's fun and fair for both players. That means sportsmanship is expected at all times and issues are to be resolved equitably.
Contacting the Moderator: I am currently in Thailand (GMT +7) but will be in UK for at least some of this game. I am usually online at least twice a day and thus will generally respond to all match questions within 24 hours. If you need to contact me, e-mail me directly at "email@example.com" referencing your match # when you do so. ACTS does not send the moderators all posted messages and as we all have multiple games to moderate, we do not read through the logs of individual games with any regularity so direct contact is needed. Unless of a confidential nature, please ALSO CC your opponent and put your question/issue in the log and I'll make sure I post a response there as well. If I do not respond within 48 hours, please ask one of the other GMs (Tom: firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael: email@example.com).
Issue Resolution: If either player has a concern about a particular ruling or resolution I make, feel free to escalate to the other GMs. I will also discuss with Tom and Michael if there's something I'm not sure of. Please remember that the ACTS logs are viewable for all, direct exchanges with your opponent are obviously permitted but GMs will view the ACTS logs as the authoritative record of the game.
Getting Started: Here are my thoughts on how to get the match started:
- Introduce yourselves and set expectations regarding your availability and game pace.
- Agree on the scenario. The default is the WBC Historical Scenario as described on the POG Tournament Page and I strongly recommend its usage.
- Agree on usage of supply warnings. They are strongly recommended.
- There is no mandatory usage of a particular PBEM tool. VASSAL is recommended but not necessary and exchanging game logs is also optional.
- Bid for sides. (Initial bidder is to be random, one of you just roll a die with a 50-50 shot of that player bidding first). Switch sides in ACTS if necessary. If you do switch sides yourselves, remember to LOG OUT of ACTS completely to avoid danger of drawing your opponent's cards.
- Draw cards. CP will then kick off the fun by rolling the turn 1 MO and playing their first card.
The official launch date for this round is Wednesday 26 June when Tom will send out a round robin to all but feel free to start your match immediately. This round is scheduled to complete on October 30, giving 126 days to complete. Please keep each other informed and if you will be offline for any extended periods, and if you fall behind schedule then some extra effort may be needed to catch up. The GMs all HATE to have to adjudicate unfinished games – but we will where necessary and a slow player will almost always be deemed to be the loser.
Play well, keep up the pace and, above all, Have Fun!
Copyright 2005 Warhorse Simulations