Next 100 entries
|6||7/1/2019 7:23:00 AM||August 1914||Moderator||Change Allies player||Allies player changed from red to Tom Gregorio|
|5||7/1/2019 7:23:00 AM||August 1914||Moderator||Change Moderator player||Moderator player changed from Tom Gregorio to Tom Gregorio|
|4||6/26/2019 2:13:00 PM||August 1914||Central Powers||Message||
My name is Jari and I live in Kuopio, located in Eastern part of Finland. I have played various games for long time but PoG is still quite new to me, under ten games played. One of the best nonetheless.
I'm generally able to play a move per day or two pace, during weekends maybe several moves. As here is summer now some weekend trips when playing is not possible are expected.
My wishes about our game:
- The WBC Historical Scenario
- Usage of supply warnings
I'm using VASSAL map for recording the moves and events. We may change the files via Dropbox or both have own maps, which ever you prefer.
|3||6/25/2019 9:41:00 PM||August 1914||Moderator||Message||
Hi Guys - Keith is unable to play this round, swapping in Jari.
Good luck to both of you!
|2||6/25/2019 9:40:00 PM||August 1914||Moderator||Change Central Powers player||Central Powers player changed from Keith Wixson to Jari Kemppainen|
|1||6/25/2019 9:29:00 PM||August 1914||Moderator||Message||
Welcome to Round Two of the BPA VIII Paths of Glory Tournament!
I'll be your game moderator and should be your first point of contact for any issues related to this match. As always, the priority should be for a fun and fair match for all involved. The official launch date for this round is June 26th, 2019 but feel free to start your match immediately. Round 2 concludes on Wednesday, October 30, 2019; you'll have 126 days this round.
Contacting me: I am based in Philadelphia (US EST, GMT -5) and will generally respond to all match questions within 24 hours. I strongly recommend you e-mail me directly at "firstname.lastname@example.org" referencing your match # when you do so. If I do not respond within 48 hours, please escalate to one of the other GMs (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). If I am going to be unavailable for more than 48 hours, I will alert you ahead of time.
Issue Resolution: If either player has a concern about a particular ruling or resolution I make, feel free to raise it to the other GMs. I will also reach out to Paul and Michael if there's something I'm not sure of. Please remember that the ACTS logs are viewable for all, direct e-mail exchanges with your opponent are obviously permitted but GMs will view the ACTS logs as the authoritative record of the game.
Here are my thoughts on how to get the match started:
- Introduce yourselves and set expectations regarding your availability and game pace.
- Agree on the scenario. The default is the WBC Historical Scenario as described on the POG Tournament Page and I strongly recommend its usage.
- Agree on usage of supply warnings. They are strongly recommended.
- There is no mandatory usage of a particular PBEM tool. VASSAL is recommended but not necessary and exchanging game logs is also optional.
- Bid for sides. (Initial bidder is to be random, one of you should just roll a die with a 50-50 shot of that player bidding first. Switch sides in ACTS if necessary, contact me if you need help with this.
- Draw cards. CP will then kick off the fun by rolling the turn 1 MO and playing their first card.
POG BPA VIII Site: https://www.bitterwoods.net/paths-of-glory-2019-bpa-tourney/
Copyright 2005 Warhorse Simulations