Next 100 entries
|4||11/8/2019 11:06:00 AM||August 1914||Allies||Message||
I'd like to play with Allies and my bid for that is 0.
|3||11/8/2019 11:04:00 AM||August 1914||Allies||Die roll request||
Request: 6-sided die x 1
Message from Allies:
First bid roll: Carl 1-3, Jari 4-6
|2||11/8/2019 11:03:00 AM||August 1914||Allies||Message||
Regarding to the issues raised by GM:
- I'm living in Finland, +2GMT. I'm able to do on average a move per day, more often in weekends.
- I prefer supply and MO warnings
- I'd like to use the WBC historical variant 2013 scenario which is presumption.
- I suggest that we run the game in ACTS with both of us updating our own vassal saves. So no exhange of logs.
If you agree, we can start. I will roll for the first bid now.
|1||11/4/2019 8:12:00 PM||August 1914||Moderator||Message||
Welcome to Round Three of the BPA VIII Paths of Glory Tournament!
I'll be your game moderator and should be your first point of contact for any issues related to this match. As always, the priority should be for a fun and fair match for all involved. The official launch date for this round is November 7th, 2019 but feel free to start your match immediately. Round 1 concludes on March 5th, 2020 you'll have 120 days this round.
Contacting me: I am based in Philadelphia (US EST, GMT -5) and will generally respond to all match questions within 24 hours. I strongly recommend you e-mail me directly at "firstname.lastname@example.org" referencing your match # when you do so. If I do not respond within 48 hours, please escalate to one of the other GMs (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). If I am going to be unavailable for more than 48 hours, I will alert you ahead of time.
Issue Resolution: If either player has a concern about a particular ruling or resolution I make, feel free to raise it to the other GMs. I will also reach out to Paul and Michael if there's something I'm not sure of. Please remember that the ACTS logs are viewable for all, direct e-mail exchanges with your opponent are obviously permitted but GMs will view the ACTS logs as the authoritative record of the game.
Here are my thoughts on how to get the match started:
- Introduce yourselves and set expectations regarding your availability and game pace.
- Agree on the scenario. The default is the WBC Historical Scenario as described on the POG Tournament Page and I strongly recommend its usage.
- Agree on usage of supply warnings. They are strongly recommended.
- There is no mandatory usage of a particular PBEM tool. VASSAL is recommended but not necessary and exchanging game logs is also optional.
- Bid for sides. (Initial bidder is to be random, one of you should just roll a die with a 50-50 shot of that player bidding first. Switch sides in ACTS if necessary, contact me if you need help with this.
- Draw cards. CP will then kick off the fun by rolling the turn 1 MO and playing their first card.
Tournament Site: https://www.bitterwoods.net/paths-of-glory-2019-bpa-tourney/
Copyright 2005 Warhorse Simulations