View game card play report
Next 100 entries
|2||4/19/2021 8:27:00 PM||August 1914||Moderator||Message||
Either of you guys checking in? Are you playing in this round? Let us know asap if not.
|1||4/11/2021 7:02:00 PM||August 1914||Moderator||Message||
Welcome to Round Seven of the BPA VIII Paths of Glory Tournament!
You know the deal, but I'll repeat myself so you don't feel short changed.....
I'll be your game moderator and should be your first point of contact for any issues related to this match. As always, the priority should be for a fun and fair match for all involved. The official launch date for this round is Tuesday, April 6, 2021 but feel free to start your match immediately. Round 7 concludes on August 2nd, 2021; you'll have 118 days for this round.
Contacting me: I am based in Houston (US EST, GMT -6) and will generally respond to all match questions within 24 hours. I strongly recommend you e-mail me directly at "email@example.com" referencing your match # when you do so. If I do not respond within 48 hours, please escalate to one of the other GMs (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). If I am going to be unavailable for more than 48 hours, I will alert you ahead of time.
Issue Resolution: If either player has a concern about a particular ruling or resolution I make, feel free to raise it to the other GMs. I will also reach out to Paul and Tom if there's something I'm not sure of. Please remember that the ACTS logs are viewable for all, direct e-mail exchanges with your opponent are obviously permitted but GMs will view the ACTS logs as the authoritative record of the game.
Here are my thoughts on how to get the match started:
- Introduce yourselves and set expectations regarding your availability and game pace.
- Agree on the scenario. The default is the WBC Historical Scenario as described on the POG Tournament Page and I strongly recommend its usage.
- Agree on usage of supply warnings. They are strongly recommended.
- There is no mandatory usage of a particular PBEM tool. VASSAL is recommended but not necessary and exchanging game logs is also optional.
- Bid for sides. Initial bidder is to be random, one of you should just roll a die with a 50-50 shot of that player bidding first. Switch sides in ACTS if necessary, contact me if you need help with this.
- Draw cards. CP will then kick off the fun by rolling the turn 1 MO and playing their first card.
Tournament Site: https://www.bitterwoods.net/paths-of-glory-2019-bpa-tourney/
Copyright 2005 Warhorse Simulations